Thread: Vimpat?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 12:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lor View Post
I'll be starting Vimpat (lacosimide) soon. If you know anyone taking it, what can you tell me? (I have epilepsy & I take Lamictal too.)
Please be very careful on this medicine my mother was taking Vimpat 200 mg along with triasenol (my spelling is prob. wrong)600mg.and lyrica 200mg...
she took for only 2 months,,she committed suicide ......she was never suicidal before,had epilepsy for 28 years,went to atleas 27 nuerologists, on every medication for seizures they had come up with...she had brain surgery in 1989(,sorry I don't remember what it was called) but they removed part of her brain behind her ear.....she was happier in the last 5 years then she had been since her seizures started,but she started having mood swings and paranoia.... then she was gone...I am now pursuing a suit so that they take this off market,b/cause no one elses family has to ever go thru this again.....this not about money...just a life that will be saved...I am not some one who wouldpost anything like this to strangers,but I truly believe she would be here now with her family if she had never been on this drug......

I watched my mother suffer with epilepsy for most of my life,she went through hell,but she never stopped trying to find a medicine that would stop her seizures.....She fought hard and she led as normal a life as she could..I understand the need to find a med.. that will help but I have also seen that these meds. are so new that there is just not enough research done on them....
I don't want to preach but please, please becareful with this med,

thank you
kimberly1235 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote