View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 12:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo2 View Post
I wrote a paper on Vimpat last semester, and it seems to have a different mechanism of stopping seizure activity. There are several actions that take place in transmission of electrical activity that can have an affect on allowing a seizure to develop. Each drug may focus on one or more of those actions. However, in case it does not work and with the statistics being what they are re meds, once one aed fails to stop the seizures copletely there is less than a 15% chance that any AED will ever stop them, please seek out an Epileptologist at a Comprehensive Epilepsy Center and discuss other options. There are other options, and with TLE and being refractory, that may be where you find your new life. Complex patials are the hardest to stop with meds. Tattoo
I really need to ask you some questions... my mother started this drug at200mg,she also was taking triasonal(prob. wrong spelling)@600 mg,an lyrica @200mg..she took for only 2 months....She committed suicide,and she was never suicidal,in the happiest time of her life....She had epilepsy for 28+years,had brain surgery 1989,(i dont know exactly what kind except it was the part removed right behind ear)I think she tried just about every sz med on market, ...... so do you know what the the suicide rate or warnings for it is....I'm just trying tofind out some info...I keep trying to talk to nuerologists trying to find answers,and they are so tight lipped,i guess they are afraid o lawsuits...I'm not wanting any money just want to keep this from happening to someone else...I realize everyone responds diff. to meds. but I can't just sit here knowing this med is very dangerous some people out there

any info would be greatly appreciated........thank you for your time
kimberly1235 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote