View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 02:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77 View Post
I couldn't find any reference particularly to grinding of the teeth as a side effect Billie, but I did find lots of information related to the drug and TD, so maybe you're right. I hope not though.

Metoproclamide is one of those medications that you should never take more often than's ordered, but the literature says not to take it for than 3 months. Long term use causes tremors and/or uncontrollable muscle movements, especially in older women, so maybe it's time for a change.

Here's a definition of TD for you, but as you're obviously having side effects to this medication, you'll need to see your doctor so any problems don't progress to irreversable. They are other medications that will do the same job as this drug.... maybe you just need a change.

My gastro doc did not want me on Metacloprimide long term because of worries about Tremor problems. He put me on Domperidone for my gastroparesis because it doesnt cross the blood brain barrier. I have to order it from Canada but docs in the US can prescribe it.
kreink is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote