View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 07:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default protein kinase-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitcher View Post
New findings bring hope for possible Parkinson's disease cure

Researchers at Iowa State University have found an essential key to possibly cure Parkinson's disease and are looking for others.

November 3, 2009 http://www.physorg.com/news176464812.html

Researchers at Iowa State University have found an essential key to possibly cure Parkinson's disease and are looking for others.

Anumantha Kanthasamy, a distinguished professor of biomedical sciences and W. Eugene and Linda R. Lloyd Endowed Chair in Neurotoxicology at the ISU College of Veterinary Medicine, has been working to understand the complex mechanisms of the disease for more than a decade and thinks he has found hope for the cure.

Parkinson's disease sufferers lack a sufficient amount of a brain chemical called dopamine.

Kanthasamy's research shows that there is specific protein that is naturally present in human brains that -- for no known reason -- kills the brain cells that make dopamine.

The cells that are being killed are the ones that produce the needed dopamine.

"We have millions of cells in our brains," said Kanthasamy, "In Parkinson's, about 10,000 of these brain cells die; no one knows why."

Kanthasamy discovered that a novel protein -- known as protein kinase-C (specifically PKCδ) - is killing the dopamine-producing cells.
I followed a trail on the computor for this (did anyone else??) And ended up with Bee Propolis. It attacks this protein both in cancer and the ones trying to kill our dopamine producing cells. Will someone else please do a check on this for me...I am not that good at computor!...Anyway, there are alot of precautions using Bee Propolis....no one allergic to bees or bee pollen or honey should use it/ they also said people with asthma ( and people taking blood thinners, I think shouldn't use..it's been a couple of weeks since I did the search...and never trust my memory) Anyway it was good for several things. I purchased a bottle of capsules and started on it and have had no noticable effects, but I feel good, so am not allegic to it anyway.
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote