Thread: Fentanyl Patch
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 09:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes, I'm on the patch. I'm on the 75 - started at the 50, and raised really quick cuz I had too much BTP. I also change it every 2 days instead of every 3 per my doc's orders in the hopes of having "less of the peaks and valleys" of pain. Originally I used ONLY the patch, but when the weather began to change and get colder, we added percocet "as needed" then found that I needed it every 8 hours on top of the patch. That is pretty much my "pain control" - but in addition I take topamax, effexor and other stuff I can't think of right now but it may be in my signature line.

As for getting sleepy...my pain doc believes taht yes, the patch MAY be the reason I was falling asleep during the day, at work, on my ride home, every time I'd sit down, etc. So I also have provigil to take "as needed." usually I take one around 8 a.m. and it works great until abou 4 pm. If I don't take it at 8 a.m., but find I need it later, I don't take it past 1 pm for fear of not being able to sleep at night.

Have you been prescribed the patch? If so...please give it some time. It does take a few days to get into your system, to work effectively.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
Visit My Message Board - Helping Custodial Parents Collect Child Support From Deadbeats for 7 Years

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
right Side TOS Decompression Surgery 12/2005
RSD Exacerbated after surgery
Still have TOS on left side
RSD On right side, currently in hand, forearm (underside), shoulder, chest, to hollow of throat, and in left hand creeping up into left wrist
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote