View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 08:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I would definately write to the board of directors at the hospital you went to. i recently also went to the ER for breakthrough pain from my Trigeminal Neuralgia. In the last ten years I have gone to the ER 3 times for pain and the last two times they always gave me a shot of Demoral for immediate pain relief and an RX for 20 Percocet until I could get to my dr. I had not been to the ER for 4 yrs and this last time the dr. on call would not give me a shot for pain and would only give me percocet after I insisted that vicodin makes me vomit. Needless to say I got no pain relief and felt humiliated, I wrote to the vice president of the hospital and got a phone call from her and a letter, she told me the dr. was talked to by the people who are experts in pain in the ER. It doesn't sound like much but It made me feel a little better. So yeah write to the president of the hospital, someone is in charge of customer relations, I don't know if you are in the US but hospitals are in it for a profit and they want your business, so they try to make nice if you aren't happy so you might go there in the future.
lovetosing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote