View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 12:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face

Hi guys, thanks for the reply. Sorry it's late..today was horrible.. My tegretol dosage isn't high compared to others it went from 200mg/day to 400mg/day. typically i was taking 1 (100mg) tab in the morning and 1 at night. last night I took 200mg at night and i was fine. slept it out, made me pretty groggy.

HOWEVER, this morning, I took 200mg in the morning and 20mins later the side effects hit me so hard i could barely walk at work. I was mumbling my words, somewhere in the forum i red "tegretol retard pill/tab" and I believe this now. I dont think I can last like that at work. Can't do anything at work. I can't think, talk, or walk. Wow, I know there are other people out there taking 1200 - 1600mg/day, I salute you guys. Good job! I'm a newbie here. I need as much help and support as I can get. I'm having a hard time accepting that I have to do this everyday, and I know after a couple weeks my system will get used to it and the side effects will calm down. Hopefully ASAP coz I work in a doctor's office and I'm not holding up at all....

Thank you for everyone's response,,, hang in there guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetosing View Post
I'm not on Tegretol, but I am on 6400 mgs. of Neurontin a day. I had alot of trouble staying awake all day at first. Hockey is right your body will adjust to it after about 2 wks. Just try to be careful and get as much rest as you can when you are not at work. I'm afraid I also drink gallons of coffee and soda to help stay awake. When I worked part-time I did take a 3 hour nap a day, I couldn't help it. Staying busy will help, if you have a job where you sit alot get up and walk around if you can. Good Luck and a wish for many pain free days.
jennadeleon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote