View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hope--

--absolutely, issues with pelvis, sacral joints, or the sacral spine area itself (which it seems very difficult to get doctors to image/consider) can lead to neuropthic symptoms/issues with the legs.

Many of the major nerves that go through that area,, with contributions from the nerve roots of the lower spine, have to pass through narrow/crowded areas and can get compressed due to inflammation, bony malpositions, ligament tightening . . .

Even the sciatic nerve gets branches not only from the lumbar nerve roots, but also from the sacral (s1 and s2) , so problems with that area might be reflected in the hip, buttock or all the way down the leg to the foot. I myself, despite a "normal" lumbar MRI, am trying to get the sacrum/sacral/hip areas imaged; a physical therapist does think I have a hypermobile left sacroilac joint allowing too much movement and possibly leadign to nerve impingment--I'm still looking for solution to my intermittent leg symptoms and my right pudendal/bladder area vibrations set off by jostling to the area such as by walking . . .

Here's an interesting graphic for you to peruse--do your symptoms correspond to any of these distributions?

http://www.utmem.edu/gim/smalltalks/le-neuropathy.pdf
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote