View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I use the vanilla whey. You can't taste it in any smoothie.
I found small tubs of it at WalMart. They had strawberry, vanilla and chocolate. Many whey sources sell in big jugs...which may be cost prohibitive for some people. I don't know if WalMart still sells it that way, as I haven't bought any for over a year now.

We liked our smoothies thick like shakes. So I used yogurt too.
I never used OJ, but did use pineapple juice to thin them some.
I also did them in stages, to help with mixing. I put the thickest item (banana) in first, then added the other things that were thinnner. I have a hand held wand and not a blender. It probably doesn't matter with a blender, or food processor as much.

We had alot of fun with them. And the smoothies were really delicious.
I love pineapple - in the can, no added sugar - so I may as well add the juice. Also want to try coconut milk. I like them with frozen yogurt but am gonna try regular yogurt since it's getting cold now.

I have a pretty serious blender - it'll chop ice. It handles frozen fruit fine if I mix some liquid in right.
Mine was on sale 40 down to 20. Nothing fancy, really old school with just high, low and pulse and glass pitcher, metal gears.

If you can't get something like that, they make a personal sized one somewhere that you can make one serving and drink out of the cup. Pretty slick! If I can find a link i'll post it.
(Broken Wings) (11-29-2009), mrsD (11-28-2009)