View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 07:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynayah View Post
I am new here -- this is my first post!

I haven't taken time to read through all the posts on this thread yet -- I wanted to respond first, in case I was called away to something else.

Yes, yes, and yes. My biopsy, DQ2 and DQ8 all came back neg. My blood work showed very high gliadin -- it was in the 80's.

I am a patient at the University of Chicago Celiac Center with a Diagnosis of Non-Celiac Highly Gluten Intolerant.

Pre-diagnosis, I mimed the symptoms of Celiac: Weight gain (during my gluten challenge), swelling, diarrhea, mouth sores, back pain, body aches, horrible fatigue, muscle weakness, BRAIN FOG, runny nose, recurrent sinus infections, bruising, low white cell count (whole life), and more. My feet were so bad, I could hardly walk. Toward the end: Chronic Vit. D deficiency (almost no D in my body despite a quality multi-vit. each day), Hypogammaglobulinemia as a child/teen (although this was probably a mis-diagnosis). This is a partial list.

Anyway, I am one of those folks who is highly gluten-sensitive without having Celiac.

Right now, I am wondering if I should have a DQ1 test . . . still learning . . . I was diagnosed in September 2009.
PS: Just want to add that I am feeling better now than I have in many, MANY years. I can't really remember feeling better.
Lynayah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote