View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 05:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Use it or lose it is my mantra. I live by these words, and always overdo it LOL!

A couple of months ago I had my annual physical, which was about 2 years over due LOL. The doctor checked me over thoroughly, and then told me he was surprised by how much muscle was present in my right leg. He thought it would have been much smaller than the last time he checked it out.

He then told me that it was still in pretty bad shape so dont get any ideas of going mountain climbing or anything. He then asked me what I thought was the reason it hadnt shrunk up worse. Use it or lose it was my reply.

It has been almost 10 years with this monster, and I am getting pretty good at knowing how far I can go with using it. But I still overdo it because my mind likes to finish things, so im constantly pushing the pain envelope so to speak. I remember way back when I found this place, it helped me to figure out my boundaries.

It was good to find people dealing with same issues as me, and I know they are looking for the same things I was. This is a scary life changing ordeal, and might take some a few years to adjust to just the changes in their lives. Not to mention what they deal with in pain on a minute to minute basis.

I remember how mortified I was to find out that life was permanently altered, and there was nothing I was going to do about it. I prayed for miracles, but found that this place was the miracle. It was what helped me to adjust to my new life, and also gave me a purpose, to help those that I could that found their way here. I dont get on here as much as I used to because I have learned to keep busy, set goals, and enjoy life as much as I can while I still can.

It hasnt stopped the spread, or the pain, but has let me see life in a much more positive way.

Quote:
I did go swimming but couldn't stay in very long and couldn't do too much today but it's good to get out and the shopping is done now too. The water was right at 86 today.
I am heading to your house to go swimming!!

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (11-29-2009), fmichael (12-03-2009), Imahotep (11-30-2009), Kakimbo (12-01-2009), Sandel (12-01-2009), SandyS (12-03-2009)