View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 07:00 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default We are both correct

One of the things about this approach that I will be getting into once I catch my breath is that these starting conditions of neuroinflammation and disrupted stress response make a big tent which can house many of the other explanations that have been proposed. For example, rotenone is bad news. But LPS synergizes with it and it all becomes very bad news. Metals such as mercury and aluminum are longtime suspects. LPS can make you allergic to them as well.

A leaky BBB is bad news, too. Chronic inflammation from LPS hypersensitivity increases its leakiness as well a that of the gut. A poor stress response adds to inflammation. It also causes constipation. So one has constipation, a leaky gut, failing BBB, and toxins in the brain.

Things start to fall into place very rapidly. More men than women get PD? Estrogen protects against inflammation. Farmers get it more than others? They work in a cloud of LPS laden dust.

There are a doxen more things like that. Observations that any valid explanation has to explain. I'm sure there will be some that elude me, but so far most things fit. Stay tuned for the next installment.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote