View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 08:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I feel for you!

Sunnydee,
I can relate to the feeling of the neuropathy progressing. I first experienced symptoms in February 2009, and since then, I feel that the neuropathy is slowly progressing (or maybe not so slowly). As for working, I'm a speech/language pathologist working with preschool children. I usually sit for about 30 minutes and then walk the child back to his/her classroom and get another child, bring him/her to my office and sit for 30 min, etc. When I have to use the computer at work to do paperwork, and I sit for an hour or more, my feet start feeling numb and the pain in my entire body becomes worse. So while I don't usually sit for long periods of time, I am still feeling as though my neuropathy is getting worse (did not experience this intensity of pain, numbness a few months ago). I have also recently noticed that I have more pain in my hands after typing a few sentences, and need to take a 10-15 second break in order to continue. Same with writing. I don't know what to make of that. So far, have no difficulty with coordination.
Maybe asking your Dr. to change your meds is a good idea, and you will feel relief again with new medication. We can only hope.
How long have you been living with neuropathy? Up until recently, have you been finding relief with your medications? Where is your pain localized?

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions, but I do want to say that I feel for you. It is absolutely hell living with this illness and at times I wonder if I will ever be able to live a sort of decent life again (and I'm 25).
Lots of hugs
Miriam
MiriamS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote