View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 01:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenArrows View Post
Hello,

My wife herniated a disc at T8-9 in 2005 that caused permanent, severe shoulder blade pain and has caused her to stop working.

She recently had a facet block done to her cervical spin because her doctor though the pain may be coming from there. It wasn't. It's definitely the thoracic area, but the doctor says he won't do a facet block there because he feels it's useless. The facet block was going to be a prelude to a thoracic rhizotomy which could have helped -- but he won't do that either. He says it's impossible to properly center in on the nerves in that area.

Has anyone had a thoracic facet block done with any success? Or a rhizotomy in that area?

I'll also add here that she's had several epidural injections which temporarily (and seemed to also reduce the cumulative level of pain, but not enough for her to live a normal life).

Any info or doctors names would be very much appreciated (we're in Maryland). The doc is not being helpful.
Hi I live in Western Australia and I have had thoracic rhizotomy done 2 times the pain relief lasted 12 months and I have just had it repeated last week. It is the only treatment that has worked for me. Keep trying to find a Doctor that will help you it will be worth it. Good luck
gemini_jan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote