View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Tina saw the surgeon and he said he's 85% sure the cancer originated on her tongue and that it spread to the lymph node. She'll have surgery in Chicago in a couple of weeks (I don't know the date yet) and he's going to make a large incision behind her ear and go in to remove the growth from her tongue and look at the surrounding area to make sure he gets it all.

I'm hoping and praying it will just be the one spot and he can get it all without doing too much cutting. If it's as he thinks it is, she'll then have a series of radiation treatments afterward. He didn't say anything about chemo that I know of.

One thing I should mention, Tina smoked for many years, but as soon as she found out it was cancer, she quit cold turkey and says it hasn't bothered her. She's so worried though and not sleeping at night, which is understandable.

I'll be going to spend the night next weekend with both nieces and my sister too. We're going to cheer Tina up and bring her some surprises too. She wants to get her Christmas shopping done as well.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers, I appreciate it very much.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DiMarie (12-27-2009), mrsD (12-06-2009), SandyC (11-30-2009), Twinkletoes (12-02-2009)