View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 04:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sandy,
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate any and all the help I can get. I have not tried Methadone and will use that as one of my suggestions. I had a nurse tell me months ago that she had seen alot of success with it at the hospital for those with chronic pain. I will talk to my doctor about it on Friday. I took Fentanyl for over four years then all of the sudden the night I changed the patch about 10 hours afterwards I would wake up with severe internal itching all over my body, hives on my forehead and neck!! It was strange but my body is a mess.

Sandy, concerning your question about my wc judge in PA. My attorney made other arrangements and could not go that day so I went by myself along with a caretaker who wheeled me around. The other attny presented a letter he said was evidence and forgot to give me one and the judge said goodbye and that was it. Judge told me to have my attny get a copy of transcripts and that was it. I've heard nothing from no one since 9/14?? I am waiting for ins to approve my nerve freezing procedure before Ketamine and have heard nothing on it either. In the past three months I have sent letters with documentation to Pres. Obama, my congressman, my senator, the PA Ins Commission, the CA Ins Commission where the wc company is HQ at, and their HQ in So. Calif. along with the dealership where my injury occured and I am waiting for all of their replies. I will not give up to them. They have been treating me unethically for awhile now and I can't believe they make me wait in agony for over three years now and then say no when I can get it done.

I have had Lidocaine done in 2006 which only worked for about 2 months and it was exhausting. I had great results with chiropractics and wc said they did not feel I was doing well and they stopped that which I am still fighting for over a year now waiting for a judge's decision. It is just so hard when you are ill and dealing with all this mess. Thanks again for replying and it was nice to meet you.
Take care,
kathy d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
Have you tried Methadone? I don't know if there is a time released version of it.

Good luck. I am using Fentanyl now, can't imagine getting alergic to it. Sorry about that. I also use Percocet for breakthru.

I read your other post regarding the WC insurance company ordering a halt to your ketamine treatments before they even started. What did the judge do? Did your attorney appeal the decision? What state do you live in? I would insist that my attorney keep fighting, don't give up.

Have you tried Lidocaine infusions? They helped me a little bit - especially in areas of spread like my right leg and my feet. I know that they feel different then they did before. Unfortunately, they have never touched the pain in my head or my neck or my shoulder, which are the original problem areas.

Good luck. Like I said before, don't give up, ever.

XOXOX Sandy
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote