Thread: Severe Headache
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 07:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngr78us View Post
I have been experiencing headaches since my car accident in Nov08. I have been through Chiropractic, Massage Physical Therapy, Pain Management and then PT again myofacial(sp) release. Nothing seems to help. I have been taking muscle relaxers, I thought they were helping but I still get horrible headaches about once a week for three to four days. They put me on Topamax, and that was working for two weeks then yesterday I get a headache again. Xrays were normal, MRI of neck show slipped disc and spinal cord slightly rotated. I got Facet shots, which made the neck pain go away but nothing will help the headaches. The headaches start as tension/burning feeling at the base of skull and work up to top of head and they feel deep. Most times it is so deep it feels like a worm tying to dig out of my head. Light nor sounds bother me when I do have the headaches sneezing, bending over, laughing, and coughing make it worse. I have been keeping a journal and the PM and GP doctors cant pinpoint anything. I havent seen anyone else other than PT, GP and Chiro. Any advice would be wonderful.
Have you seen a neuro?? If the Topamax was working, you might need to up the dose. I was put on 25 mg for a week or two -- and was told to up the dose to 50 mg. I'm now up to 125 mgs. 200 mgs is not uncommon.

Topamax has been proven to work on migraines -- BUT, it is ALSO working on some nerve pain -- and that may be YOUR problem.

Has anybody prescribed Fioricet? It is a pain reliever that works for many types of headaches.