View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Ok, it sounds to me like the soreness is near the gumline of the tooth next to the socket...... yes?

Two things come to my mind ..
One, the recession may be slight but large enough to cause sensitivity on the exposed root surface of that tooth. Recession, even slight, exposes some of the root surface that is normally covered by the gum tissue. This can feel sore or sensitive to temperature or to chewing or the tongue. This soreness can radiate to adjacent areas.

Two, you may have traumatized that area more than once with either food and/or the tooth brush. You may have done this more times than you realize and the first time may have been soon after the tooth was extracted.

If you already had some recession there prior to the extraction and the same area was traumatized, then that would explain the soreness that you are describing.

I would use a very soft toothbrush and gently clean that area twice a day. Floss it gently, hugging the tooth closely so as to not injure the gum tissue. Rinse with warm salt water 1-2 times a day especially in that area...... not too salty. You may find that in time it feels alot better.... but there may still be times when it feels sore again because it is a very sensitive area that is easily traumatized.

One solution (if this is your problem) may be to have your dentist put a small composite (white filling) over the area of the tooth that has the recession. These type fillings are generally very small, non invasive and last for a few years before they need replacing.

So cvcman..... what are your thoughts on that??

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcman View Post
He did say there is some gum recession there as there was before too. Its off and on soreness near the socket, sometimes its not even there at all but if my tounge gose by it its sore like a sunburn..

Toronto was nice as always,expensive but nice

I keep brushing the tooth but NOT the gum/socket area.

I also keep flossing. Some days the tooth brush hits the rear inside cusp and herts and some days it doesnt.. Sure wish I knew what it was
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote