View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 01:33 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Absolutely

Look for places that do 'open mic' nights... usually small clubs or even cafe's. At open mic's they sometimes just do music, sometimes it's more... open... where people can sing or play - solo or in a band - or recite poetry or tell jokes... anyway i've done those (sing/play) they are great. there's nothing like an appreciative audience to get the juices flowing again!

i don't have anywhere comfortable to sing either now i actually can't "sing anywhere" in theory ... i sing softly to myself when i'm out and about sometimes, like waiting for buses or sometimes in the bus lol - and get stared at, lol. people think i'm crazy when actually i'm just art-starved. i just don't have places available where it is allowed to sing/play. most parks it's not allowed! nobody does open mic's. even inside condo, when my dad isn't sleeping or we aren't eating, it's quiet hours. then, he up and goes out. now why can't he sleep during the stupid quiet hours and go out before or after! grrr.

anyway, Sharla, do it. Start doing it. Open mic doesn't pay the bills but it doesn't take much and will get you back into the groove. And you will meet people and ... things could "happen" you know?

I am so happy you have your grandpa and that he reminded you of your talent and dreams.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-02-2009), Brokenfriend (12-02-2009), Yellowfever (12-03-2009)