View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 05:53 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Kathy,

We all grieve in different ways. I am older than you and have lost both my parents and my husband. I took each death in a different way. I missed my Mother so much as she was in a Nursing Home and I tried to visit her often. When my Dad died, I had a small child and had to pick up my life again soon for my family. My husband died 3 yrs ago. At first, I had so many supporting me and so much to do, that I put off grieving. Six months later, my world came crushing down on me. I had moved by then, where I didn't know folks very well but I did have a church family that helped me. Then my pastor moved to another church, and my world changed so much.

Picking up the pieces of my live was hard. I got a job working for Hospice helping those in their last 6 months of life. This helped me a lot as I had to deal with death and famlies going threw what I had just experienced. I was taught on the job to be a good listener and just be their for them. Give your support by just listening even if you don't understand.Trust yourself to do the right thing. If you have a pastor or your guy friend does, by all means talk to him or her. Offer to go along if he needs your support. Just be there, that is the most important thing and be yourself. I hope this helps! God Bless You Both.
Fancylady

She who hides nothing, has nothing to hide~
Fancylady_2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kathykilgore (12-04-2009), tinglytoes (12-02-2009)