Thread: Topamax Dosage
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 06:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I did it. I called the doc and asked to increase to 100 (and told her that the anti depressant I was taking was working really well to stabilize my moods- a side effect of the surgery I'm afraid). No problem. Didn't even bat an eye.
I should say that it was the assistant that I spoke with. My doc had originalyy told me that we would take me "up to 100 mg twice a day if necessary" when we first set out on this journey, but I've always been so hesitant to ask for meds. Something just seems so wrong with asking for it, know what I mean? I know there's nothing wrong with it, I need it, but at the same time, I have the mentality that taking anything is just wrong I guess, who knows why.

I feel better since I started doing it. No side effects so far. Just a few sleepless nights (I had forgotten about that part- Topamax wakes me up in the middle of the night and makes me tired in the am/day) until I get used to it. After a while all is fine again.