View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I don't know who's worse....people who don't have a clue or people who actually know a little about MS.

I spoke with a lady in the grocery store once and we discovered we both had MS. I was wearing my MS Walk sweatshirt and that got the conversation started.

She had been denied SSDI twice and was still appealing the decision. I made the mistake of telling her I was approved on my first attempt. I fully believe it's because my Neuro and PCP had such thorough records. She all but accused me of "manipulating the system". I was just as surprised as the next person that it was as easy as it was. But I surely didn't do anything to help it along. Well, nothing but have MS. She was rude and questioned me as though I was on trial. I pushed a button on my cell phone that makes the ringer sound so I told her I needed to take the call........I HAD to escape!

I'm more careful what information I share and with whom now. That'll teach me to be so talkative!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (12-02-2009), Dejibo (12-02-2009), dmplaura (12-02-2009), ewizabeth (12-02-2009), legzzalot (12-02-2009), SallyC (12-02-2009)