View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
I fully believe it's because my Neuro and PCP had such thorough records. She all but accused me of "manipulating the system". I was just as surprised as the next person that it was as easy as it was. But I surely didn't do anything to help it along. Well, nothing but have MS. She was rude and questioned me as though I was on trial. I pushed a button on my cell phone that makes the ringer sound so I told her I needed to take the call........I HAD to escape!

I'm more careful what information I share and with whom now. That'll teach me to be so talkative!
LOL Kitty. That reminds me of many years ago when I got a part time job at a local computer company after staying home for 15 years to raise our sons.

I told my optometrist's receptionist about it and she looked me up and down and said, "How did you get that job?"

I wanted to crawl out of there!!

The thing is, they hired me because they specifically wanted somebody that knew nothing about computers. They didn't want me to tell people how to fix their problems over the phone, lol. I was there to help people and get them in to pay for repairs and upgrades.

My worst, and stupidest comment was from a PhD psychologist who was giving me therapy sessions after my dad died. I told how weak the heat made me and she said "but that happens to everyone."

She was great except for that. (And she had no air conditioning in her office.)

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (12-02-2009), dmplaura (12-02-2009), Kitty (12-02-2009), legzzalot (12-02-2009), SallyC (12-02-2009)