View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 12:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ASB and Sarah:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swatgen27 View Post
I agree with a couple of your points of view, however I have to chime in with some of the points you made. I agree with only a part of this sentance:
" that is it is our responsiblity to keep our body's right." Yes we should all keep working as hard as possible to not allow RSD to ovecome our daily lives by trying to continue living on with our life as we did before the RSD ( I still manage a fast paced, very demanding career, and take care of all the responsiblities I had before I my body ( "carcass") went hay wired. The thing I think you are forgetting about in the above quote of yours, is that the human body (or carcass) is extremely complex and a lot of things go wrong even when we do everything right.
I’m sure what brought you to this statement:
“I've been here for about 6-8 months. I'm really tired of the same question.
OMG! It's gone from my little toe, to my big toe!!
To my Ankle! To my Eyelash!!!
Then, right to my ***!”
I think you have forgotten how scary it was when this disease spreads. In fact, the whole reason I joined this forum was to listen to what others are experiencing and also share (When I can) what I have experience. To me, the above statement, it goes against the whole purpose of what we are all doing here at this forum. In addition, when RSD spreads, you should “run” to the doctor to see how you can prevent the spread from being permenant. But, I agree that we as patients should not forget to do our part (by excersising and just living our lives to the best of our ability).
My whole point is that I just think you forget that we are all at different stages with the RSD. I feel that on an individual basis the odds are stacked against us RSD patients because of the small amounts of research that is available. However, together..I think we can fight this thing. So please, to everyone don’t feel that you have to censor what you write because if we do that… then the forum will no longer be the tool that we need it to be. Lastly, AintSoBad, I hope that you remember that I think you had some great points and often I enjoy what you post, so please don’t take all of this the wrong way.
Sarah
I must say that I hear both of you. I have read your posts and want to say "thank you!" to both of you and others who have commented. I have been inspired by you; and have written myself new goals because of you. I am new to this whole RSD crap; and have yet to accept it. I AM the person with the broken ***. I need to learn to overcome this; to become angry with this and to fight the fight of my life because of this. I am having a hard time realizing that I am not the strong, independent person I once was. I landed my dream job less than a year before being injured (on the job. By my immediate supervisor; none the less...) I know that what doesn't kill you makes me strong. I am a "Type A" personality, so going from that to this is somewhat hard to grip. You have given me a proverbial "kick in the butt" and I appreciate it. Thank you for the wisdom; and the eye-openenor (sp?).
Hope all is well.

Kakimbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (12-03-2009), Imahotep (12-04-2009), SandyS (12-03-2009), stressedout (12-03-2009)