View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 09:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker View Post
DH likes to kid around, tells me when I went full-time in a chair, have problems using just one hand "you're just not trying hard enough". I know I get all prickly inside, but when other people tell me about friends with MS doing well, responding to DMDs or bee stings or JUST have Lyme, whatever, and I don't (Not that I do bee stings), I have a momentary flash of guilt that maybe I'm not trying hard enough. If I were a stronger person, I'd beat this thing. MIL said when I told her I had MS (I know she told SIL she thought I drank) "if anyone could beat this thing, you can". That a compliment right, not a verbal burden? Right??????
I am not in a chair, still running around and I get the "oh; you have MS...are you sure" or I am compared to ones in chairs and "just a miracle you do so well".

Most don't understand the MS thing and how it affects each person in a different way and we try and explain it and still some don't get it.

When someone says you look so good or you will beat this thing it is a compliment so just smile and say thank you; I appreciate that.

The worst thing is when some well-meaning dummy says "I know someone who died of MS."

Thank you so much; everybody dies of something sooner or later even being smacked in the head with a cane.

Have a nice day.

Brain damaged and I have MRI's to prove it!!
AZjanie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (12-03-2009), Debbie D (12-03-2009)