View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 09:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim0918 View Post
Hey, does anyone have any input as to the requirements to be a social security advocate? Qualifications, testing, certification, costs, etc. I have been asked by many people to help them in one way or another and always refer them to a local advocate but then I thought, heyyyy.... Thanks. The one thing I'd be worried about is could you be sued for some sort of misrepresentation if you let's say didn't file someone's case in timeline or not have the money to file a case ( I don't know what you could incur as far as expenses like court costs, etc. ) Just gettin some information gathered.
your case is h eard before a Social Security judge in a Social Security court. (if you appeal your case workers decision)
your neuro's letter to S.S. is the single most important piece of the process. the second thing's your S.S. doctor exam. I'd suggest that you go to that exam unmedicated, so they can see you at y our worst. IT is VERY important that you NOT drive yourself to any of the interviews! THey WILL ask!! Mine went smoothly, and yours should too.

Charlie
chasmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote