View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

So far the stupidest comments that I've had were from relatives.

One who thinks I'm a hypochondriac. She said that I'm faking it. First time she said anything about it, I think she said "I dont believe her...she's lying".

Another relative, who has a painful chronic condition that's also considered an autoimmune disease (not MS) doesnt seem to believe me either. But, I'm not sure about that. I'm probably the only family member she has that can relate to her pain and fatigue. (I dont even have bad pain or really bad fatigue yet, but when I get some bad flares, I've gotten a bad taste of what the exhaustion feels like)

I know I can definately relate to her neuropathy that she's had in her feet from her disease. I just dont mention my numbness because she'll think I'm competing with her, or trying to one-up her on crappy feelings.

One doctor that I went to see about two years ago (a urologist) kept telling me how sorry he was that I had MS. Kept looking at me like I was going to croak in his office while he was taking my History for a problem I was having at the time. Dude...chill!

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (12-03-2009), legzzalot (12-04-2009)