View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 03:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Another Story of Remission

Here is another one:

http://www.rsds.org/electronic%20ale...62008_136.html

She's coming along great, about 95%, which is awesome," said a happy but exhausted Dawn Marie. "She is more herself again and has a big smile on her face."

Deussing is now on a six-month timetable to full health. Physical therapy including incremental exercise, periodic ketamine booster shots and a minor operation to relieve the remaining 5% of pain in the back are the only bumps left to a full recovery.

The therapy will help to re-strengthen her body slowly and methodically. It is the longest part of the six-month program. Deussing has been advised to take things easy to avoid any possible retriggering of the nerve disorder.

"Being stress free is so key for the recovery and the treatment," Deussing added. "My family was really supportive of me. I later found out I was the 13th patient to have the treatment in Mexico.

"I knew it was going to work. Having a positive outlook is also key. If you go in with a bad attitude like, 'Oh, this isn't going to work,' or, 'I'm going to be sick all my life,' then it just isn't going to work."

She felt so good after the surgery she made the mistake of resuming her normal schedule too quickly, subsequently experiencing nausea and vomiting. "My body was saying, 'Slow down.' I couldn't just jump back into my life," she said.

She has some advice for others who may be facing the disorder: Look on the bright side.

"You have to stay positive. Don't give up! I've kept in contact with three patients who will be going to Mexico and patients who are going to Germany. You need to stay positive. If you have a crappy outlook or a crappy attitude, you are going to do crappy, that's the bottom line. You can't leave everything up to the medicine."
Praise God is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyRI (12-04-2009), SandyS (12-03-2009)