View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 09:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey --

Don't know if this gets to you in time before your planned infufion, but can share the experience from the two of them in the past few months.

For me, there wasn't much relief. But I've kind of done it backwards. Usually, a lidocaine infusion is given to see how efficacious mexilitine will be if taken orally.

I've been taking 1050 mg a day (along with a whole pile of other pills) since the beginning of the year. Since then the diffuse burning, all over my body, has lessened. A lot. We're assuming the Mexiltine is the reason.

The lidocaine infusion though, unfortunately, did little for me with the deep pain, and in relation to your post, for me specifically that would be the constant dagger I carry around in the base of my spine. It maybe knocked a point or two off the pain, a bit of the edge, but for a very short time. Just until the next day at best. I'm not sure specifically what the nature of your back pain is, but there was nothing lasting for me in that area.

The procedure itself is rather simple. There is a slight feeling of being lightheaded, like being mildy drunk, and that's it. I read throughout the infusion, and could have easliy driven myself home if not required to have a ride.

Good luck. I hope your infusion brings you some kind of relief.

-- Dennis
dshue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mslday (12-03-2009)