View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 09:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Brian,
Thank you for the info about the Bowen therapy - I'm looking into it. A quick update on the ESWT. I talked w/ a group in the area that does the therapy - seems to be heavily geared to classical cases of plantar fasciitis. My situation resembles plantar fasciitis but not from heel spurs, rather, all of the tendons on the plantar surface of my feet are slowly contracting - my physical therapist did a lot of cross tendon massage and told me she could feel the tightness easily. I'm going to consider going for an evaluation just to see if there's anything they can do for me. One advantage of this particular approach is that the theapy is administered through the soft tissue in the sides of the feet. Apparently, similar types of therapy can be pretty painful if one hits a bone (guess that's why they use sedation and general anesthesia in these cases). In any event, turns out to be Anodyne therapy revisited w/ my insurance - both ESWT and Anodyne are considered to be experimental for PN and therefore not covered - not enough double blinded, placebo clinical trials. I'll still consider either or both if they help whether the insurance covers them or not.
I'll post again when I know more.
Alkymst
Alkymst is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote