Thread: Another update
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 11:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default glad everything is going you way now

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
That's the most sensible thing I've heard you say since your crisis!!! I'm so glad you are doing better. Seriously, you had some awesome care.

It's so true. If you aren't as healthy as you can be, you can't do squat.

Drinking is not something you should consider right now. It is a muscle relaxer and WILL make MG worse. The times I have tried to have a little alcohol (a couple sips), I have woken up in the middle of the night unable to breathe. It took fifteen or more seconds before I could actually breathe in. Very scary. Your muscles get weaker at night when you're sleeping.

When you are much better, and you think about drinking, have some in the morning or for lunch! I know, that may make you look like an alcoholic but it's better to drink earlier in the day when your MG is better.

Did anyone say to take calcium and vitamin D while on Pred? Flax or fish oil? And keep a lookout for any infections.

Did they do or suggest any cardiac workups? Did they figure out what happened during that one plasma episode?

No one is very shy around here when it comes to a crisis or nearing one. You were as close as someone could get. I'm so glad you went in. Now you can get better faster.

Hang in there. I know this is all new and tough on you. If I had known at your age that I had MG (had it since birth), I'm not sure I would've handled as well as you are.

Annie
thinking and praying for you Patrick.
PMCPMC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote