View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 12:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I tend to view my energy and painlessness as a bank account of some sort. There is only so much of either. My ex used to get so mad at me if I would go for a walk or go sit at the beach and not do the dishes. I would always tell him that I knew I could do one thing before my pain would be out of control, so did I want to do something enjoyable or fold all the clothes? He seemed to think that if I could do one I could do the other. (This doesn't mean that I wouldn't take care of the house... but sometimes you have to pick and choose or you will be miserable.)

And if there is something that I really really want to do, I will rest up beforehand, take meds preventatively, and be ok with being worse off the next day. I call these my "Disneyland days"- as in Disneyland is so worth the next day pains.

There was one day when I was in high school that it snowed here in SoCal. Really snowed. And I knew that the next day would hurt like crazy, but I ditched school with my friends and went and played in the snow. The next day was not so fun, but I don't remember that day. I remember playing in the snow with my friends and having literally one of the best days of my life.

Lynns
Lynns409 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (12-04-2009), Imahotep (12-05-2009), Kakimbo (12-05-2009)