View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 01:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi TJ!
Do you know what caused you to have a blood clot? Are you on coumadin now to treat it? I had massive pulmonary emboli four years ago and have had two DVTs since then. I'll be on coumadin for the rest of my life. But part of that is due to the fact that my doctors figured out that I have an underlying clotting disorder. It was actually caused by an experimental medication that I was on for RSD- lenalenamide, which was not so kind to my liver. The moral of the story is that you should have a full panel run on all of your clotting factors. That way you can know if it is likely to happen again or if it is a one time thing.

Don't give up! Things can get bad, but there is always something out there that will make you smile. I am a firm believer in taking care of the mental as well as the physical, and am a big proponent of mindfulness and meditation. I have been on the brink of wanting everything to just end before, and meditating helps me to not be as stressed about everything. Check out this site. It's the UCSD Center for Mindfulness, and you can download guided meditations and "assignments" that teach you how to be less stressed out.

http://mindfulness.ucsd.edu/mbsr.htm

Hope this helps a bit!

Lynns
Lynns409 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote