View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 02:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello, thanks, I have only seen a few different regular docs, im calling around at the moment trying to find a neuro doc that actually deals with tn around my area, havent found one yet, the only one I was referred to i cant get in to see for months. And my regular doctor said she didnt want to risk putting me on anything until ive been to a neurologist. Which i just kind of gave her a blank look and left. She told me to go to the ER if i had another bad episode.

I work for the US post office as a contracted worker and can only get insurance through the union, and from what i was told they dont cover any pre existing at all, and it is only a very basic supplimental ins, so i dont know if thats why. She just told me what she read off the insurance packet and that it didnt cover anything pre existing at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntmarshmallow View Post
Hi SuperM. welcome to NeuroTalks t.n forum
I am sorry you are dealing with this on both side
Bi lat. T.N.
Can I ask what type of Doctor you are seeing? Do you see a neuro doc? or a pain Doc? There is nerve blocks and other options also...
There are many types of meds for controlling this Most of us have been on or are still on that merry-go-round of trying one or another or a combo of meds until what works is found.
I am allergic to anti seizure meds . So I know how it is .
Dont give up . I think what Wizabeth said is right about the time limit of not covering pre existing cond.
I too hope you find the right option and get control over this very soon.
sending low pain wishes and positive energy to you.
PEACE
BMW
adupree99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote