View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 06:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hi I am new here, and recently diagnosed with MG

Hi Bruegger,
Welcome to the group! I am sorry you have MG but you have definitely found the right place for support and info.
To answer your questions about what other meds are used to treat MG, Most Drs. start with mestinon and depending on the results may add other drugs. I started on mestinon a few months ago with not much in the way of results. I now take Prednisone every other day and it has made all the difference in the world. There are many other meds out there which Drs. may try but basicly they are all immuno supressants. Prednisone is fairly fast acting but there are others like Cell Cept that do pretty much the same thing but can take 6-12 months to kick in. Alot of us in this group are on different meds. Some take Imuran, some Cyclosporine, etc. They will be able to give you much more info on what they take and what has and hasn't worked for them.

To answer your other question, I personally have not had a bad reaction to aspirin. What kind of reaction are you talking about? Is it stomach issues or something else?
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote