Thread: Fentanyl Patch
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 09:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was on the patch, 25 at one point while still on wc. It was bloody hell!!! I was sooooo sick for 2 days and couldn't deal anymore so called doc. I got to fold the patch down so only a bit of it was touching my skin, taped it in place. Every 3 days when I changed it I'd inch it up a bit. It took a month for me to get it opened back up all the way. I've heard it takes awhile to adjust to it and stop being sick.

My biggest problem with the patch was even after I got used to it I'd still feel very nauseous all day long. Then the doc decided to take me off it so did the whole fold down process in reverse to wean off. He wanted to see if my pain was any better after having it on for 3 months. LMAO He was an idiot. After I went off he put me back on vicoden 5mg. Then I settled and when I went back to him thinking it'd be better now that I was paying, it wasn't. He said I have 2 choices, patch or 5mg. I told him I couldn't afford the patch on my own. Found another doc and this one actually cares and is soooo good!

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote