Thread: Gabapentin
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 02:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Gabapentin/neurontin

Hi Creative,

I was actually searching this forum for any info about Gabapentin. I've been taking it for 2 years now for Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I also take Nortriptylene and Tramadol. You'll probably hear and read all sorts of stories about Gabapentin, as I did, but here's my story.......

I worked my way up the dosage table and am now on max dose, have been for months and months. It DOES help my pain, however the side effects have been difficult to cope with at times. Off the top of my head the weight gain is the worst, followed by mood swings (ask my husband), and memory loss/confusion. The memory loss could also be due to the RSD though, so I'm not sure who's the culprit there. There are other side effects but these are the main ones for me.

Having said all of that though, you might not experience any of these, or only a few.

One other thing - don't give up after a few days or a week or so. It took me about 3 weeks to get over the nauseous, dizzy stage, but it DOES go away.

Hope that helps a bit. If you need to know anything else just ask. All the best.
Scottish Girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote