Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 03:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for that info, mhr4. I am planning on trying the neurofeedback and am hoping that will help me deal with the symptoms on the bad days.

Just as you said, I have been encouraged to take useless medications and so far, I haven't found anything that really helps. In fact, the side effects are worse than any benefits they might have. If I'm going to feel lousy anyway, I'd rather not be any meds at all. But, I also have some good days free of symptoms to give me hope that I'm getting better. It's just taking a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhr4 View Post
Hi,

Your story sounds all too familiar. Like you, I went to many different neurologists after my head injuries and they all couldn't understand what was wrong with me. And on top of that, they had no idea how to help me rehab my brain injury aside from pumping me full of useless medication.

It actually wasn't until I discovered neurofeedback that I started to get better. Nothing currently out there has shown as much effectiveness at resolving symptoms from a head injury as neurofeedback. It is usually done in a therapists or medical doctors office. Just google search "neurofeedback" and "your city/town" and you should be able to find a few in your area. Make sure they have experience treating head injuries. If there is someone in your area who does LENS neurofeedback or Z score training (or both) I would highly recommend going to them. Good luck.
pcshealer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote