View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 08:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy sinemet withdrawal symptoms

I know this has been discussed before, but wanted to ask again. I was taking 1/2 tab mirapex 3/day, 25 mg sinemet 3/day and stalevo 150 mg 3/day. I was experiencing some jaw clenching and other dyskinesia type symptoms. So my neurologist said to eliminate the sinemet but keep taking the stalevo since they both contain carbidopa, levadopa. It has been 5 days now and he said it would take up to 3 weeks for my system to be rid of it. Anyway, I have always had lots of low back pain due to fusion in feb of this year. But now the pain has increased alot, more stiffness throughout body, particularly neck and shoulder and more trembling in left hand and body. Is this from withdrawal of sinemet or am I getting worse (I pray this isn't true). My neuro didn't say anything about withdrawal symptoms and of course I didn't think to ask and it is now the weekend so I though I would check with all you good people.
I have other news too but will maybe create a new thread for that. Please let me know so I can stop worrying. Thank you.
libra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote