View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 10:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default CRPS Recovery Process - it takes time

Well, as you can guess, it flared up the CRPS and within a couple of months I was back to full-body pain and it was at a 5 and climbing.

Walking is an issue again.

How can I affect change now?

Ketamine infusions.

I had 2 sets of 3 infusions and the last set reduced the swelling in my face, neck and wrist. All the months of PT was not able to do this. Because this nerve was trapped for 2 years and has now been somewhat freed it is irritate when it moves. The PT tells me this should be expected.

It also knocked my pain down from the 5 to usually a 1 on most days and the pain will be felt in fewer places.

Now I am doing PT in a heated pool.

From what I have gathered from my experience and others who I have spoke with who have recovery, this is a slow process. It takes many months to years to get there. It is very hard to notice the change because the pain goes up and down daily. I kept a diary of what was happening and when I looked back I could say: Hey, the highest the pain has been in the last month is a 4 and then a few months later the highest pain level was a 3 and look it is not in my feet anymore.
Praise God is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote