Thread: Help!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 11:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused can only try to help, hope that I can...

Erin,

it is extremely hard to give serious medical advice to someone on the internet, without being able to fully understand their symptoms or examine them properly, order relavent tests etc.

so I will just go with common sense.

none of your current symptoms sound MG related to me, so there are roughly three possibilites to explain them-

1. you have another unrelated medical problem

2. this is related to your treatment and meds.

3. those are "secondary" complications of your illness.

and possibly some combination.

1. it is unlikely (although possible) that you have another autoimmune process going on, with all the immunosupressive treatment you are recieving.

2. medication side effects (mostly if they are not very common) are many times a source of "unexplained" medical symptoms. cyclosporine (which I believe you said you are on) can cause bone pain, and possibly other meds. that you are taking can "mess" up with you.

3. like Annie said it is important to make sure that you don't have any vascular complications, and if those symptoms in your leg persist a repeat US doppler is probably in place.

it is also important to make sure that you have proper support for your spine, neck and arms, at the times that your muscles can't do a good job in supporting them. and also important to avoid certain tasks that are hazardous to you at this point.

using tools and aids that can help you function better, and not pushing yourself beyond your abilities, is not giving in, it is accepting the reality, and finding better ways to live with your illness.

hope at least some of this helps,

and don't feel guilty for concentrating on taking better care of yourself.

alice.
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote