View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Mom does well and can do everything for herself. We are just a shadow to remind her to take her meds, to eat better and help her balance the checkbook. It will be an adjustment for all of us but I think overall it will be OK. She'll probably still have seizures but hopefully we can get them under control to where they don't come as often and as severe. Her rehab went very well and she's using a cane now instead of a wheelchair or walker.

I already had "the talk" with her about what is expected from both sides. We also talked about the possibility that she will get to a point where I cannot take care of her and Jim at the same time. She said she would want me to place her in a home. She's very independent in that way and understands my position.

It will be an adjustment for sure. I have her brother and her oldest "ghost" son up here plus my two boys for support.

Now, let's talk about the positives of her being here. I don't have to try and fix things 600 miles away. I can be right there when anything happens. Let me tell you, being so far away is far worse than having her up here.
DM (12-07-2009), ewizabeth (12-07-2009), hollym (12-07-2009)