View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 10:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Barb,
When a doctor gives you a shot directly near, or into an area that has inflammation, like Arthritis or, like me on Nov 24th, I had a few shots into the shoulder for Bursitis. If the ailment ends with *itis*, it mean there is inflammation going on in that part of the body. Thyroiditis, Appendicitis, etc.

The shot is not just Methylprednisone, or another steroid, but a *caine drug is added, such as Xylicaine, which is similar to Novocaine. If it ends in caine, it is to numb for pain. There are many they can inject along with a steroid.

What I am getting at is that the *cocktail shot* may have something in it that you are allergic to, not necessary the main steroid he used. There are many *caines* he could add to the shot.

You could ask what else was in the shot, it is not usually only a steroid. That is for the inflammation or swelling. The other is for pain or numbing.

Ice is good the first day, rub it a little to circulate the fluid. It usually follows the path of the pain and bathes the site.

Moist, warm towels used after helps too with the injection site, and the knee or other area a person gets injected for inflammation.

JMO and thoughts on this. It hope it may help you find a cause.

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (12-06-2009)