Thread: Hbot
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Mikeyy,

The study I've read that supports HBOT for head injuries says that it takes many sessions, up to 80 to get the full benefit from HBOT. Even then, the results come very slowly.

They report that after the many sessions, they can SPECT image better blood perfusion in the brain. They did not do any neuropsych assessments before and after the HBOT. That would be the gold standard for charting improvement.

I can imagine the high from the HBOT. As for the light on your feet, did they use oxygen or helium? LOL.

What kind of supplements did you take after the Neuroscience tests? What did the tests report you were deficient in?

My physician has put me on bio-identical hormone therapy. I was low in testosterone and DHEA. He also added 5000 IU's of Vit D3 and I added B-2. I have had much better sleep the past few weeks. None of the body twitches, restlessness and nightmares.

And, did the Canadian health system pay for the HBOT or is it a cash expense?

I am interested in how you do after your next head to the ice event. If you get another concussion, you might ask your physician if you can get some progesterone within the first few hours. It has been shown to protect the brain cells from the cascading injury after brain cell injury.

Google brain injury and progesterone and see what comes up. Impressive.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AeroDan (07-20-2018)