View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Thanx :)

Thanks for keeping this thread goin......this is pretty important to me....

The thought of going into a rehab/psych.....yikes. Not that there is anything WRONG with it of course......some folks here may even have done it and if that's what ends up happening then i'd humbly ask for support

But - the politics behind the procedure i'm probably gonna have to do --spinal cord stimulator -- would most likely 'deny' me as a potential candidate with the 'drug dependency' tag pinned on me if that were to be in my med record history.
Plus, if all else fails and i just need to stay on the meds indefinately, then...well.....see where this goes? I'd forever be tagged with the 'drug' thing.
That's why i started a thread down the list called "Naltrexone Anyone?"
I wonder if this med is in the same family as the one MrsD is talking about.
Haven't been able to access the site u provided (yet) having problems with my phone and internet lines (snowstorm)......but thank you and i will check into it!

Those 'rapid detox' places claim to be very discreat and private so as not to have it accessible by medical record personnel...... ?
But whatever. Other people have had to deal with this and i'm no one to get any 'special' treatment....but just want to check out the options and try to do this as 'responsibly' as possible.... ? My Pain doc has been wonderful and i WILL be talking to him about all this, but i'd like to know what's out there B4 i jump into tapering the meds..... I'll ask to see if he is specially licensed to prescribe as MrsD suggests...

Thank you all SO much! This forum is all i have

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote