Thread: It's so crummy
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 10:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Oh so true

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannaw View Post
Most of me accepts that PN is going to be with me for the rest of my life since it came on six years ago. Lucky for me it's never progressed past my knees, although I notice quirky things like I can no longer feel injections in my arms. The "pain" aspect of it hasn't gone past my knees, it's just those occasional flares that cause me to go 4-6 weeks with excruciating pain that I can't accept. I'm just out of a six week cycle, brought on myself trying to wean myself from flexeril, bad mistake, I have to accept that my med cocktail is what keeps me at a tolerable level. It works and that acceptance is what I need to come to terms with, and yes I do occassionally have a pity party and want the old me back, but its a party of one so its over rather quickly.....Coming here has been more beneficial than anything else, we are all in this together!
I just went back to my old post, because I am in a bad way again....and after reading your post, I feel so much like you in your assessment of the PN condition. How in the world did these feet fail me? They worked so well for so many years, and I sure took them for granted.
I mean....I remember taking my socks off after some serious rounds of tennis, or running a marathon, and complaining about blisters!
I only wish I had blisters to complain about. Because, if I had blisters, I would be active again, and my feet would be normal. It is all so said.
jakatak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jannaw (07-12-2012)