View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm taking advantage of not really being able to go out during the snowstorm tomorrow.

I got my last piece of furniture that needed to be emptied before my construction project in my room starts next week all cleaned out.

Found my (now dead) dog's hotdog (rubber chew toy) in the cabinet, and a bunch of catalogs that date back to 2003. (we moved here in 2002) and a bottle of an antibiotic spray that my dog's vet gave us to spray on an injury Tiny got at a kennel just before we moved into this house. (Tiny was abused by one of the workers at the kennel)

I had to sit and stare at his hotdog toy for a bit. Had his teethmarks all over it. Kind of nice to see it again. Could have done without the reminder of Tiny being beaten half to death...tossed out the bottle of the antibiotic spray.

Was thrilled to find all my Star Trek Photonovels. (first editions!) I cant wait to get my new bookcase built. Finally, a decent place to store and display them!

Choking from the dust in the cabinet right now...think I'll use the time we're probably going to be snowed in (well, not really snowed in, I just dont want to take my mom out in this weather tomorrow...the snowed-in part will be tuesday) and clean that cabinet tomorrow with the vacuum cleaner, and probably a damp washcloth. I think we could grow corn in the dust...it's been there long enough it might be considered topsoil now.

At least I'll have gotten something done towards getting my room ready for the new desk and bookcase. I'm still waiting to get the computer armoire (sp?) out of the room.

I'm afraid to move my tv (32 inch LCD flatscreen) I cant lift it anyways because of my neck.

If there wasnt a ton of snow outside and a crapload more of it coming later, I'd take my desktop computer outside with a can of compressed air and a facemask and blow all of the dust out of it. I'm afraid to turn that computer on for all the dust that I can see inside it. (this is a job for my boyfriend. I'll just break it if I try to clean it)

At least I've got stuff cleaned up. Sorta...it's laying around on one side of my room. (need to move it to my dad's office till after the carpenter gets my desk finished)

I'm waiting till tomorrow to start moving stuff into my dad's office. I figure I've done enough tonight, and can wait till tomorrow morning or afternoon to do the rest.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote