View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 02:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Hoshi,

I have been tested for seizures due to dissociating and my neuro recommended I quite driving because of "episodes" that would happen while I was driving.

My EEG came back just fine, I wasn't having seizures and my dissociating had nothing to do with MS.

You don't have a diagnosis of MS so I would not suspect MS as a cause. However, you really should talk to your doctor about what you are experiencing. I hope you get answers soon.

In case you don't fully understand Dissociative Disorders I have provided a link -
http://www.nami.org/Content/ContentG..._Disorders.htm
Yep, I've not been diagnosed. Yet. Waiting to hear back about my MRI results from my neuro.

I looked up a lot about dissociative disorders before mentioning it. And it just doesn't seem to fit. I have sexual/physical/mental abuse in my childhood, but it's something that hasn't much troubled me(...I kinda chalk it up as something that, though not pleasant, made me the strong person I am now) - so I don't think that has anything to do with it. It doesn't seem to be triggered by stress or emotions, either.
It's the sudden nature of it that scares me. And the fact that is seems to happen most when I'm driving at night. It doesn't happen every day or anything, but does happen a few time a week. It's...startling. And afterwards, I'm incredibly sleepy and can barely keep my eyes open.

Bah - I hate to think that it's a mental issue...especially since it doesn't feel like it.
Hoshi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (12-07-2009)