View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 03:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Graves is a bad name for it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlyren1979 View Post
Are you seeing and endo yet? The meds didnt work for me,..I am now off everything and am waiting to burn my thyriod out.
Hi Kimberlyren, I wanted to just add my bit to reassure you that I tried the rx you asked about and it was not for me, and mostly ineffective. I had the radioactive iodine tx in '94 and other than occasional rx counteracting the replacement therapy, all has been well. Sure beats hyperactive wasting from Graves. Things took a good year to settle down, but now it is not even in my thoughts at all. Automatic daily pill. No big deal.

Still I was extremely saddened at the time due to needing to choose to kill off a part of my body to survive. I got over it and moved on. You will too. Good Luck to you.

Being radioactive is a wild event in how it affects others and the environment. If you have a family try to put it off until after xmas. if it is safe to do so. See the information on after -care to schedule a good time to do it faithfully and correctly.

It is the multi-leveled residuals to be concerned about. they have to minimize contamination for others. Your doctor will have info. Ten days is the usual time constraint for the most inconvenient aspects Hope it does not impact your holidays. It will all balance out in the next year and things will return to normal again. Good luck and Best Wishes TT
tinglytoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote