Thread: Glass Art
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Your piece in the calendar is beautiful!!

Glass art, to me, is one of the most beautiful of artwork. What artists can do with glass never ceases to amaze me...from huge pieces to the tiniest pieces, almost specs of glass, they can be so tiny.

I was in NYS for Thanksgiving at my youngest daughter's home. She works for the Corning Museum of Glass. The museum shop, which is an amazing place any day of the year, has their 75% off sale that weekend each year. I bought about half of my Christmas gifts that day. I just looked at the online shop and it does not do justice to the real shop; not even close. My daughter bought for her sister a 'Tiffany' style lamp for $75 (not the one with wrought iron work.) It was originally priced at $500, but was sale marked as if it had been $300; it was an irresistible deal.

Carolyn
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote